Monday 1 July 2019

My First Card using Good Morning Magnolia

What colours are magnolias? 

I'm not sure, but my friend's favourite colour is pink, so these magnolias had to be pink as it is her birthday tomorrow.



I created the background using the smaller magnolia flower stamp and embossed them in white. I watercoloured the flowers in Melon Mambo and Mossy Meadow - I am new to watercolouring and I never realised how much fun it is to do. I found that the easiest way to access the ink for watercolouring is to press the end of an acrylic stamping block onto the inkpad and then use the aqua painter to pick up the ink from the block - no messy imkpad lids and no ruined inkpads!



The large magnolia is also white embossed and watercoloured in the same colours, as well as So Saffron for the centre. I've cut the magnolia out and used Stampin' Dimensionals to add height. A little bit of Melon Mambo around the edges of the background and sentiment cardstock softens the edges.



The sentiment is from Butterfly Wishes and I've coloured the silver metallic edge ribbon in Mossy Meadow (using a dauber) to create the green ribbon. Some clear rhinestones add some extra bling.

My husband and I are going to attend some painting classes so we can learn more about shading and watercolouring - I am so excited!

Happy crafting,

Kristina


Products Used:

Watercolour Paper (for background and large magnolia)

Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow & So Saffron inkpads

Aqua Painter & dauber

Melon Mambo cardstock

Good Morning Magnolia & Butterfly Wishes stamp sets

Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon

Stampin' Dimensionals

Tear & Tape Adhesive & Scissors

Versamark inkpad, white embossing powder & heat gun








No comments:

Post a Comment