Friday 21 June 2019

Balmy Butterflies

Butterflies are filling up my craft room! 

I wish they were real, but they are still beautiful. They remind me of the time we visited the Butterfly House in Kuranda, Queensland, when my boys were much younger.

Here's today's card:




Today's card has lightly watercoloured balmy blue on a whisper white background. I've used the Butterfly Beauty Thinlits Dies to cut the watercolour paper and then placed the die cut back with Stampin' Dimensionals to lift it a little. 

I've added another layer using the biggest butterfly in Balmy Blue cardstock and given his middle some shine with Frost White Shimmer Paint. 

The sentiment is from the matching Beauty Abounds stamp set. Clear rhinestones add some bling. 

The card is CASEd from this year's Annual Catalogue and tweaked a little, as always. 

I'm interested in your thoughts - would you add in a stronger colour for the largest butterfly? Or would you add some twine or ribbon? Any other ideas? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. I hope you are having a wonderful day,

Kristina 🌷

No comments:

Post a Comment