Monday 5 August 2019

A Little Lace Cards after our Sydney Trip

Welcome to my blog!

We had an awesome weekend in Sydney and appreciated the warm sunny days. 

Garry and I walked around the Botanic Gardens just in time to enjoy the sunset behind the Opera House. We didn't realise it was such a lovely view and it was a popular spot for tourists to take photos. We timed it perfectly by accident.


We enjoyed visiting the Maritime Museum and seeing the exhibitions as well as exploring the replica of the Endeavour before she sails to New Zealand. 

Today I was tired after a busy weekend, so I CASEd cards instead of creating my own designs. I loved Natalie O'Shea's design using A Little Lace stamp set, so I'm sharing some cards I made this afternoon based on her design.



The first two below are cased and the second two are tweaked a little more. I used a different sentiment from the Woven Heirlooms stamp set. It took about 20 minutes to make the cards - using the Stamparatus saves so much time!


I've used Pretty Peacock and Rococo Rose Designer Series Paper (DSP), Scalloped Linen Ribbon and Faceted Gems. The large stamp is from A Little Lace. The card base and centre (attached with Stampin' Dimensionals) are Crumb Cake cardstock. 


 


The second two cards used up the rest of the DSP. I've used matching markers to add an inked border around the centre card and Seaside Spray ribbon and faceted gems to change the design slightly. The stamps are stamped using Early Espresso.


Which design and/or colour do you prefer?

If you have any questions about the techniques, designs or products used, please contact me. You can see Natalie's original design here: https://www.natalieoshea.co.uk/make-multiple-hand-made-cards-quickly-and-simply/

I hope you are having a wonderful day,

Kristina

2 comments: